History & Beliefs
Church of the Holy Family celebrated its Golden Jubilee in February 2006. We thank God for 50 exciting years of ministry to our Lord Jesus Christ.
In 1956, under the leadership of the Very Reverend Oswald Littleford, Church of the Holy Family was formed as a Mission in the Diocese. Guided by the Holy Spirit, the Church has flourished to become one of the largest multicultural parishes in the Diocese of Central Florida.
In 1979, the Church moved to its present site on Hiawassee Road. The vision and wisdom of the Vestry and Building Committee placed Church of the Holy Family in one of the most spacious, visible and accessible sites in West Orlando. As a result, membership grew rapidly and the ministry expanded in many exciting directions.
Church of the Holy Family witnesses to the New Testament model of Jesus’ kingdom as described by John in Revelations 7:9
… a great multitude from every nation, from all tribes and people of tongue.”
Church of the Holy Family is a member of:
The Worldwide Anglican Communion
The American Anglican Council
The Network of Anglican Dioceses and Parishes
Church of the Holy Family stands firmly on the inerrant Word of God and upholds the orthodox faith doctrine of the Episcopal Church.
As a parish committed to living out the “Great Commission” we actively serve the Lord Jesus through the many groups and activities we offer.